Last Updated and Effective as of: November 21, 2022
If you are a California resident, please see the section titled Your California Privacy Rights for additional information regarding the collection and use of your personal information, and your rights under California law.
•We collect Personal Information (as defined below) from users of our Website and Services when it is voluntarily provided to us and use it for the purposes for which it was provided (see Information We Collect Directly From You and How We Use Your Information).
•We automatically collect information from users of our Website for analytical purposes and in order to provide the Services (see Information We Collect Automatically and How We Use Your Information).
Our Website and Services are provided from the United States and all servers that make it available reside in the United States. You understand that data stored in the United States may be subject to lawful requests by the courts or law enforcement authorities in the United States. The Website and Services are intended for users situated in the United States.
If you have any questions, you may always contact us using the information in the section below titled Contact.
2. INFORMATION WE COLLECT DIRECTLY FROM YOU
We may collect information, including Personal Information, when you provide such information to us directly, such as when you send us an email, or otherwise interact with us on the Website or in connection with the Services. Your provision of your Personal Information to us is completely voluntary. “Personal Information” is information that specifically identifies you. We do not collect Personal Information unless you submit that information to us.
Types of Personal Information we may collect directly from you on the Website and Services include: name, email address, phone number, and account user name and password. We may also collect other information that you directly provide us, including marketing and communications data (e.g., your preferences in receiving marketing from us).
3. INFORMATION WE COLLECT AUTOMATICALLY
We, our service providers, or our third-party partners may also automatically collect information from you when you visit our Website. Such information does not directly identify you as an individual and may include:
• Cookies and Similar Technology
• Clickstream Data
As you use the Internet, a trail of electronic information is left at each website you visit. This information, which is sometimes referred to as "clickstream data," can be collected and stored by a website's server. Clickstream data can tell us the type of computer and browsing software you use and the address of the website from which you linked to the Website. We may collect and use clickstream data as a form of aggregate information to anonymously determine how much time visitors spend on each page of our Website, how visitors navigate throughout the Website and how we may tailor our web pages to better meet the needs of visitors. This information will be used to improve our Website and our Services.
4. HOW WE MAY USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may use Personal Information and other information as described herein including for the following purposes:
• To contact you about and provide you and our clients with our services;
• To operate the Website and Services;
• To personalize your experience on the Website or Services;
• To respond to law enforcement requests and as required by applicable law, court order, legal process, or governmental regulation;
• To help maintain the safety, security, and integrity of our Website and Services, databases and other technology assets, and business;
• For internal research; for technological development and demonstration; and to improve, upgrade, or enhance our Website and Services;
• For detecting security incidents; protecting against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity; and prosecuting those responsible for that activity;
• To investigate suspected fraud, harassment, or other violations of any law, rule, or regulation, or the policies for the Website and Services;
• In connection with a bankruptcy proceeding or the sale, merger, or change of control of the Company or the division responsible for the services with which your information is associated;
• To respond to your direct inquiries;
• To add you to our mailing lists and send you emails from time to time; and
• For any additional purposes that you specifically consent to.
As noted above, we may collect information that is not Personal Information (“Non-Personal Information”), including information lawfully made available from federal, state, or local government records, or aggregate or de-identified information. Because Non-Personal Information does not personally identify you, we may collect, use, and disclose such information for any purpose permitted by law. In some instances, we may combine Non-Personal Information with Personal Information. If we combine any Non-Personal Information with Personal Information, the combined information will be treated by us as Personal Information.
5. HOW WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
Besides using your Personal Information ourselves, we may send your Personal Information and other information to other companies, affiliates, and third parties in the following instances:
• Third Parties: We may share your Personal Information with third parties who may use your information to provide us services such as website hosting, data analysis, infrastructure provision, information technology services, customer service, email delivery services, auditing, and anti-fraud monitoring. These third parties may have access to Personal Information that is necessary to perform their functions.
• Compliance and Rights: We may disclose Personal Information and other information as we believe necessary or appropriate: (a) under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (d) to enforce our Terms and Conditions; (e) to protect our operations or those of any of our affiliates; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you, or others; and (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
• Business Transfers: We may share your Personal Information and other information with third parties in connection with a corporate restructuring, acquisition, or divestiture.
• Aggregated or Non-Personal Information: We may share aggregated information or Non-Personal Information with unaffiliated third parties, such as business partners, manufacturers, distributors, and retailers, in a form in which the shared information will not contain nor be linked to any Personal Information, to improve and enhance your experience using the Website and Services, and for our market research activities.
Please note that if you specifically consent to additional uses of your Personal Information, we may use your Personal Information in a manner consistent with that consent.
The security of your information is very important to us. However, due to the inherent open nature of the Internet, we cannot guarantee that communications between you and the Company, or information stored on the Website and Services or our servers, will be free from unauthorized access by third parties such as hackers, and your use of the Website and Services demonstrates your assumption of this risk. We have put in place reasonable physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard the information we collect. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure, please immediately notify us of the problem by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
7. DATA RETENTION
We will retain your information for as long as your inquiry is active or as needed to provide you with the Website and Services, and for a reasonable time thereafter in accordance with our standard procedures or as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, to resolve disputes, and to enforce our agreements. Even if we delete some or all of your information, we may continue to retain and use anonymous or aggregated data previously collected. Please note that we will not be liable for disclosures of your data due to errors or unauthorized acts of third parties.
8. PROTECTION FOR CHILDREN
Our Website and Services are intended for users ages 18 and over. We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from minors. When we become aware that Personal Information (or other information that is protected under applicable law) from a child under 13 has been collected, we will use all reasonable efforts to delete such information from our databases. If you believe we might have any Personal Information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at email@example.com.
9. YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
We collect information that identifies, relates to, describes, references, or is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or household. The California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”) refers to such information as “Personal Information.” If you are a California consumer, as defined by the CCPA, the CCPA provides you with specific rights regarding your Personal Information, to the extent that we are considered a “business,” as defined by the CCPA. This section describes the rights that California consumers have and explains how to exercise those rights. For the purposes of this section, Personal Information does not include: (i) information that is lawfully made available from federal, state or local government records; (ii) de-identified or aggregated data; or (iii) information excluded from the scope of the CCPA. To be clear, these rights are granted only to the extent that you are a California consumer and we are considered a business under the CCPA. The rights in this section are not intended to grant you additional rights, but only your rights under the CCPA to the extent that we are considered a CCPA business.
Information We Collect; How We Collect It; How We Use It:
California consumers, and users with comparable rights under similar state laws where they live, may access, delete, and control certain uses of their information as set forth in Rights to Your Information, below. We collect the following categories of Personal Information through the Website and Services:
• Personal identifiers, namely, your name, email address, phone number, and account user name and password.
• Personal information covered by the California Customer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e)), namely, your name, email address, and phone number.
• Internet or other similar network activity, for example, browsing history, search history, and information on your interaction with a website.
We collect personal identifiers and personal information covered by the California Customer Records statute directly from you, pursuant to the Section titled Information We Collect Directly From You, above. We collect internet or other similar network activity automatically through the Website, pursuant to the Section titled Information We Collect Automatically, above. We collect these categories of Personal Information for the purposes outlined in the Sections titled How We Use Your Information, How We Share Your Information, and Data Retention, above. In the past 12 months, we have only disclosed your Personal Information with our service providers and other third parties for business purposes pursuant to the Section titled How We Share Your Information, above. We have not “sold” (as defined by CCPA) your Personal Information within the last 12 months.
Sharing of Personal Information:
Company may disclose your Personal Information to a third party for a business purpose or sell your Personal Information, subject to your right to opt out of those sales (see Personal Information Sales Opt-Out and Opt-In Rights, below). The information above under Information We Collect; How We Collect It; How We Use It describes the third parties with which we may share your Personal Information.
Rights to Your Information:
a. Right to Know About Personal Information Collected, Disclosed or Sold
As a California consumer, you have the right to request that we disclose certain information to you about our collection, use, disclosure or sale of your Personal Information over the past 12 months. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request (see Exercising Access and Deletion Rights, below), and subject to certain limitations that we describe below, we will disclose such information. You have the right to request any or all of the following:
• The categories of Personal Information we collected about you.
• The categories of sources from which the Personal Information is collected.
• Our business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling that Personal Information.
• The categories of third parties with whom we share that Personal Information.
• The specific pieces of Personal Information we collected about you (also called a data portability request).
b. Deletion Request Rights
You have the right to request that we delete any of your Personal Information that we collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request (see Exercising Access, Data Portability, and Deletion Rights, below), we will delete (and direct our service providers to delete) your Personal Information from our records, unless an exception applies. However, we maybe retain Personal Information that has been de-identified or aggregated. Furthermore, we may deny your deletion request if retaining the information is necessary for us or our service provider(s) in order to perform certain actions set forth under CCPA, such as detecting security incidents and protecting against fraudulent or illegal activity.
c. Exercising Access and Deletion Rights
To exercise the access and deletion rights described above, please submit a request to us by contacting us at 1.877.700.7020 and Reference “DECODED INFO” or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only you, or a person or business entity registered with the California Secretary of State that you authorize to act on your behalf (an “authorized agent”), may make the requests set forth above.
The request should include your contact information and describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it. In addition, you should provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify that you are the person about whom we collected the Personal Information or an authorized representative of that person.
d. Response Timing and Format
We will respond to consumer requests in a reasonably timely manner. If we require extra time to respond, we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing. In order to protect the security of your Personal Information, we will not honor a request if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the Personal Information relates to you. The method used to verify your identity will depend on the type, sensitivity and value of the information, including the risk of harm to you posed by any authorized access or deletion. Generally speaking, verification will be performed by matching the identifying information provided by you to the Personal Information that we already have.
Any disclosures we provide will only cover the 12-month period preceding our receipt of your request (and will not be made more than twice in a 12-month period). If we cannot comply with a request, in whole or in part, the response we provide will also explain the reasons we cannot comply.
e. Personal Information Sales Opt-Out and Opt-In Rights
We do not “sell” personal information as that term is defined under the CCPA.
We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your CCPA rights, including but not limited to, by:
• Denying you goods or services.
• Charging you different prices or rates for goods or services, including through granting discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties.
• Providing you a different level or quality of goods or services.
• Suggesting that you may receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
11. CHANGES TO POLICY
For questions or concerns relating to privacy, we can be contacted at: email@example.com, or at 1.877.700.7020 and Reference “DECODED INFO”.